• Rehearsal venue - Sir John Leman High School, Ringsfield Road, BECCLES NR34 9PG
• Limited parking in front of school – continue into adjacent Sports Centre car-park.
• Rehearsals in room E2. Follow the signs.
• The committee greatly appreciates players arriving in good time for rehearsals, and would respectfully ask players not to use phones and to keep them silent during rehearsals.
• Please make sure that you are able to attend and let your fixers know immediately if there are any problems.
Before the day
• Please do your best to promote the concert by displaying posters and buying tickets. Rosemary Shaw (at rehearsals) has tickets. Tickets are also available from F W Knights & Co (180 London Road North, Lowestoft), Take Note Music (11 Grove Road Lowestoft) and Saxons Alternative Therapy Centre (35 New Market Beccles).
On the day
• Concert dress – Black for everyone, with a little splash of red
• Ladies- smart black.
Gentlemen- Long-sleeved black shirt, and trousers.
• It would be great if a few more people could help before and after the concert if possible. Setting up at the venue on the concert day at Trinity is from 1.45pm.
Health & Safety Please ensure you are aware of escape routes in both venues.
Players are advised that the committee is unable to ensure security for instruments and personal belongings at rehearsal and concert venues. Please bring only the minimum of valuables for which you can be responsible and ensure safekeeping. Insurance for your instrument and other valuables is your own responsibility.
We thank the school and Margaret Taylor for providing this excellent venue. Thank you to the fixers for helping to put the orchestra together. Thank you in advance for all your help; we look forward to having you with us at this concert.
So far, we have managed to run the orchestra without a subscription for players. Donations are always welcome and you will find a form on the back of the letter if you feel moved to donate. Gift aid is available too.
Looking forward to sharing two weekends of fun and music.
pp Waveney Sinfonia committee